How would you deal with this unplanned financial situation if you were me?
The options that we are seriously considering are the following:
- Pay for visit from HSA. Delay investing HSA until at least the end of the year (due to minimum requirements).
- Pay for visit from Emergency Fund. Slowly build emergency fund while continuing after tax contributions at a lower rate.
- Pay for visit from cash flow (no after tax investments for two months).
- Shuffle some cash around and continue after tax contributions as if nothing happened.
- Don't view it as an economic blow, but instead realize that you've almost hit your deductible one month into the health care year, and try to get pregnant right now.