I think its funny that I got nominated for this award because in one of our first fights as an engaged couple, I told my fiance (now husband), "Don't expect me to blow sunshine up your ass." I honestly can't remember the context of the argument, but I do regret saying that. Nonetheless, it is true.
I don't consider myself a Debbie Downer by any means, but I tend to come off as callous and self-centered because... well I am. At least I'm growing in that area.
Anyhow, Thanks for the Sunshine Blogger Nomination!
Below, you'll be able to read the questions that Abigail asked. Feel free to answer her questions, or mine (for my nominees) in the comments.
Abigail's questions for me
It's a toss up between the new overhead lights and our new floors that now cover 2/3 of our house. However, the tongs that are safe for non-stick cookware are a close third- that was my birthday present!
2. What’s your favorite snack? (No one gets to say fruit.)
I would have said fruit, because that's actually what I eat most frequently for snacks, but since that's a no-go, I say fruit based desserts (in my world, those are snacks). I especially love Strawberry Pretzel Bars, Rhubarb Snacking Cake, and my mother in law's various pies- especially Raspberry.
3. What form of exercise do you hate the most. (“All” is a perfectly acceptable answer.)
Long Distance running. It's equal parts addicting as it is dangerous on my joints. I honestly believe that my long term health (and my short term mental health) is negatively affected by long distance running. These days, I'm on the "lift heavy things" bandwagon (Kettlebells), but I definitely prefer my exercise to be in the form of sports.
4. If you could afford/manage to live anywhere, where would it be?
Well, right now, I want to live in Northeast Minneapolis because that's close to my family (and my husband's family), and I think its a great place to raise a family. However, I would also like to have a million dollar beach house in Charleston SC, and a Mountain House in Vail Colorado. Rumor has it that in California, you can have both beach and mountains, but you can't have tap water, so I'll stick with my three house plan.
5. What’s the geekiest hobby or pastime you have?
Well, my husband pulls me into a lot of geeky "nature" hobbies like the raising of the Hornworm Moths, and bird watching. However, I wouldn't choose those on my own. I think the geekiest thing that I've done is scrape the MLS to build my own version of Zillow's algorithm for determining house prices. So, I guess the geekiest thing is developing algorithms for fun.
And the nominations and questions
These are my questions for her:
1. What would happen if the grocery store ran out of gummy candies... Forever?
2. What's your best piece of frugal parenting advice?
3. If you could only have one beverage for the rest of your life (other than lukewarm water), what would you choose?
4. What book would you take with you if you marooned on a desert island?
5. What TV show do you wish ran for another season?