Important would you rather questions:
- Would you rather... get $750K and 3 children tonight, or not have any more children?
- Would you rather... lose 10 IQ points and get a million dollars, or not?
- Would you rather... have to wear full makeup every day, or never wear makeup again?
- Would you rather... double your income but have to fill out four times as many tax forms or keep your income the same but never fill out tax forms again?
- Would you rather... be incapable of simple math but somehow able to stick to a budget, or a mathematical genius who believes budgets are beneath them?
- Would you rather... sell all your belongings and your house and move across the world, only to move back in two years, or lose $1k a month for two years while you hang onto it all?
- Would you rather... live in a pedestrian friendly neighborhood where your driver's license is permanently revoked or live four miles from the nearest pedestrian friendly area but you get to own a car?
Here are my answers:
- I'll take the kids and the money (My husband mentioned wanting 5 kids at one point).
- I'll also take the money. I think I'm about 5% smarter than average, so losing 10 IQ points would only make me about 5% dumber than average. Plus, behavior and character matter more than intellect.
- I would wear full makeup everyday.
- I would double my income (but this is a really hard question for me because I already outsource tax stuff).
- I would take sticking to a budget, but I'm going to guess that both of these are sure roads to poverty. If you can't do simple math, why would ever invest?
- I keep switching back and forth. While shopping is a huge hassle, losing money sucks. I guess I would sell it all, but only because the $1K is a pretty hefty loss rate, and even my beloved fridge and cooking pans are replaceable.
- I would live in a pedestrian friendly neighborhood, but not having access to even a rental car might be tough, because that probably means we would have to take an Uber to go camping or something like that. I guess we would become creative.
What about you?